Businesses around the world are seizing the huge potential of being online, to advertise and sell through a website and connect with their audience on social media. Now is the time for Rwanda to go digital and compete on the world stage.
Hotels need to be able to allow clients to book a room using their website. Stores can easily sell their products through their website without needing a huge physical store. Non-profits can keep their donors informed and receive donations through their websites. Universities can facilitate their students’ learning and list information about their courses.
Are you thinking of creating a website?
If you are planning to create a website to effectively advertise your business or organization, there are many things to get right. If you have a fancy design, but your branding is poor, it will hurt your reputation with your potential clients.
Paul Web Design Rwanda can help you through the whole process of getting a website – planning, design, building the website, installing a Content Management System so it can be easily updated, and getting the website listed on search engines like Google and Bing.
Website Project Checklist
Here is a checklist we go through for each project we do. No project is either too big or too small to benefit from this thorough treatment, which ensures that nothing is forgotten.
When you start on your project, we will ensure that you have completed all of these important steps:
Optimize your Branding & Business Strategy
- Create a unique logo and clear brand (colors, fonts, tone)
- Articulate a compelling purpose, expressed by your vision statement
- Devise a strong business case, which clearly defines your unique selling points
- Identify your target audience(s)
- Devise an effective strategy to reach each of those audiences
Create the Website Design
- Review your competition to plan how to position your brand
- Identify the key actions you want visitors to take, and plan the flow they will take on the website
- Create a site map which describes the structure of the pages and content you will have
- Create rich, original content which will make your website standout, including well written text, images and videos
- Craft a beautiful design that is equally easy to use
Build the website
- Brainstorms all ways the website can help your business grow:
- Could you sell your products through an e-Commerce store?
- Could you receive donations through a giving portal?
- Could a registration form save you time in signing up new clients?
- Could a news section allow you to keep customers well informed?
- Could a well-written article advertise your services to a specific target audience?
- Could a regular marketing email see your audience grow and stay loyal?
- Ensure your domain name (eg. www.paulwebdesign.rw) is well positioned
- Provide fast hosting so clients have a great experience and find information quickly
Pursue all relevant channels
- Investigate all potential channels for a client to find you, including:
- Social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc)
- Business networks (LinkedIn, SortList, etc)
- Hotel / tourism networks (Booking.com, Tripadvisor, Airbnb, etc)
- Printed marketing materials (brochures, business cards, flyers, banners, signs, etc)
Get the word out
- Coordinate the launch of the website with all of your channels, including a social media campaign, newsletter email, flyers and brochures, and other forms of advertising such as radio or TV.
- Optimize your website for search (SEO) and place on Google and Bing
Keep it building momentum
- Train your staff to be confident to use and update the website themselves
- Be available to provide support if you need assistance
- Provide daily backups so the site can easily be restored if something happens
- Ensure high level security to protect your website from attackers
- Provide analytics and reports to show you how the website is helping you grow